On this week’s episode of Humanize Your Workplace, we chat about the power of social impact and how giving back to the community can help build relationships with peers and managers. We also talk about some easy strategies to implement and some that can leave an even longer impact.
It all starts with a conversation. This week:
- talk to your team about cause that are meaningful to them
- find a “low hanging fruit” way to give back to the local community
- consider social impact activities for team building
She provides training, consulting, and speaking services to organizations all over the world. She has an MEd in Social and Comparative Analysis in Education from the University of Pittsburgh and is a Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach. Her work helps to bridge communication gaps across generations, job functions, and geographies, and she has worked with organizations ranging from non-profits to multi-billion-dollar enterprises. She has delivered a TEDx talk on authentic workplace communication, and has been featured in media outlets including Forbes, ABC, FOX, and CBS. Her book, Humanize Your Workplace (Career Press), is set to release next year.
Latest posts by Alissa Carpenter (see all)
- How to Incorporate Your Organization’s Vision and Values into the Hiring and Performance Management Process - September 16, 2019
- Embracing Your Mess as a Leader - September 10, 2019
- Humanizing Through Social Impact - September 3, 2019