HOW TO EARN RESPECT AND TRUST AS A YOUNG MANAGER
It can be tricky to manage people who have more experience within the organization than you and can leave you feeling a little lost and not trusted.
- Call it out. Don’t leave the elephant in the room and let your employees know that you value their opinion and experiences, and yes, you might be younger than some of them
- Get training. Talk to your manager and sign up for training on how to give feedback, leverage strengths, and conduct performance reviews.
- Be honest. If you don’t know the answers, let your employees know you’re working on it don’t “fake it till you make it.”
Latest posts by Alissa Carpenter (see all)
- 3 Financial Questions to Ask Yourself If You Are Thinking About Leaving Your Job - March 19, 2019
- How to find a mentor - March 12, 2019
- How to empower employees to share information - February 26, 2019