On this episode of Millennial Playbook Podcast, we are joined by Hamper Stamper. Happy shares her experiences on doing all the right things and then being in a job she hated! She breaks down how she moved on and found a career she loves in the transportation software industry as a project engineer.
Happy’s Tricks for moving on in a career you don’t love
- Be honest with yourself and your manger about what you want
- If you don’t tell someone something is wrong, they will not know to fix anything
Professional Development Book Suggestions:
- The Four Tendencies
- The Happiness Project
- The Unsettles
She provides training, consulting, and speaking services to organizations all over the world. She has an MEd in Social and Comparative Analysis in Education from the University of Pittsburgh and is a Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach. Her work helps to bridge communication gaps across generations, job functions, and geographies, and she has worked with organizations ranging from non-profits to multi-billion-dollar enterprises. She has delivered a TEDx talk on authentic workplace communication, and has been featured in media outlets including Forbes, ABC, FOX, and CBS. Her book, Humanize Your Workplace (Career Press), is set to release next year.
Latest posts by Alissa Carpenter (see all)
- What You Need to Know About Baby Boomer Spending Habits - October 12, 2019
- Why Everyone Should Network Both In and Outside Their Organizations - October 8, 2019
- 3 Myths About the Millennial Consumer - October 3, 2019