4 TIPS FOR MANAGING A VIRTUAL WORKFORCE
It can be tricky being a manager for the first time, but arguably harder if you don’t physically see your employees daily.
- Host office hours. Make yourself available at specific times that your employees can reach you and ask questions. Keep your virtual office door open and invite conversation.
- Share your communication style. Share with your team the best way to get in touch with you (email, text, messenger)
- Virtual happy hour. Invite informal conversations with your team over a glass of wine or coffee.
- Get face time. If you’re in their town, take your employee out to lunch and get to know them.
Latest posts by Alissa Carpenter (see all)
- 3 Financial Questions to Ask Yourself If You Are Thinking About Leaving Your Job - March 19, 2019
- How to find a mentor - March 12, 2019
- How to empower employees to share information - February 26, 2019