Play and sing to your favorite song
2. Go for a walk in the fresh air
3. Start a Dance Party
4. Take 10 deep breaths: Breath in through your nose and out through your mouth
5. Get a manicure, pedicure or massage
6. Do something for someone else
7. Talk with a close friend
8. Take a bubble bath
9. Look at your motivational quote or picture
10. Stretch and practice yoga
Take a few moments each day and stretch, have a dance party, and breath! These few moments can help you reflect and push you forward for a new job search, salary negotiation, or anything else you might be facing. What are some stress relief activities that work for you?
She provides training, consulting, and speaking services to organizations all over the world. She has an MEd in Social and Comparative Analysis in Education from the University of Pittsburgh and is a Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach. Her work helps to bridge communication gaps across generations, job functions, and geographies, and she has worked with organizations ranging from non-profits to multi-billion-dollar enterprises. She has delivered a TEDx talk on authentic workplace communication, and has been featured in media outlets including Forbes, ABC, FOX, and CBS. Her book, Humanize Your Workplace (Career Press), is set to release next year.
Latest posts by Alissa Carpenter (see all)
- Tips to Paying off Student Loans Before They Hurt Your Credit - June 17, 2019
- Why Mind Reading Doesn’t Cut it At Work - June 11, 2019
- 5 ways to get your finances in check before you start your new job - June 10, 2019