Everyone gets stressed-it’s just a fact! According to the American Psychological Association 39% of Millennials say they are more stressed this year than last. The key factors leading to stress are work, job stability and money. These three things are huge and we face them each and every day but being surrounded by them can make us even more stressed. Taking a few moments to ourselves to clear our minds can make a huge difference and these 10 things are a way to start!
Play and sing to your favorite song
2. Go for a walk in the fresh air
3. Start a Dance Party
4. Take 10 deep breaths: Breath in through your nose and out through your mouth
5. Get a manicure, pedicure or massage
6. Do something for someone else
7. Talk with a close friend
8. Take a bubble bath
9. Look at your motivational quote or picture
10. Stretch and practice yoga
Take a few moments each day and stretch, have a dance party, and breath! These few moments can help you reflect and push you forward for a new job search, salary negotiation, or anything else you might be facing.
What are some stress relief activities that work for you?
Latest posts by Alissa Carpenter (see all)
- Millennial Playbook Podcast: Interview with Allison Tatios-Hamscher - September 21, 2017
- Millennial Playbook Podcast: Interview With Kayla Buell - September 14, 2017
- Millennial Playbook Podcast: Why are Millennials so lazy? - September 5, 2017